Why are cybersecurity solutions a critical essential for GTA businesses?
There’s not a week that goes by where a cybersecurity breach isn’t making the headlines. Businesses are being financially drained from constantly getting hit with cyber breaches such as ransomware, malware, and phishing attacks. Considering this disturbing reality, GTA businesses need to know exactly how they can best suit up against cyber threats. Fortunately, businesses can rely on proactive cybersecurity solutions to help safeguard against the dangers that these threats bring along with them.
Examples of Common Cyber threats that affect businesses
There are many types of cyber threats today. The following are only some examples of the most common cyber threats that all companies need to be aware of so that they can find solutions that will adequately protect against them.
- Malware: Malware also known as malicious software, usually comes from a program that a cybercriminal secretly installed onto a computer’s system, device, or network. They can be disguised discreetly and are becoming one of the biggest external threats to businesses. You need to know how to protect your business against them since Cybercriminals typically use Malware to extract information that they can leverage against you.
- Ransomware: Ransomware leverages malware to limit access to your computer systems by encrypting them. In many ransomware attacks, a threat actor will demand a ransom for you to regain access to your computer systems. If denied the ransom, your personal and or business data will be released publicly, and you would most likely be blocked from accessing it.
- Phishing: Phishing is commonly used by threat actors who use sneaky lures to try and access private data under the guise of legitimate sources. They usually include some type of urgent warning or action required to get into your account. Since an urgent response is required of you, they usually lead you to a fake website asking you to give up your password or other sensitive details.
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks: DDoS attacks attempt to limit your access to a network by essentially overwhelming it with many traffic requests. The high traffic slows down a website’s response time, and this is used as a diversion tactic so that cyber-criminals can wreak their havoc.
Problems Eliminated by Implementing Cybersecurity Solutions
Regardless of how big or small your company is, you are not exempt from any type of cyber threat. Implementing sufficient cybersecurity solutions that can protect your business is essential. It will act as a much-needed layer of protection to mitigate issues that can arise from cyber vulnerabilities like the following.
- Human Errors: Unfortunately, employees are high up on the list of reasons why cyber breaches occur. However, this can be combatted by implementing effective cyber tools such as web filtering, dark web monitoring, phishing protection, and even cyber training. This can empower your staff, and instead of being a vulnerability, they can be the first line of defense for your business.
- Insider threats (insider criminal activity): Sadly, insider attacks occur, and they affect both small and large businesses alike. Cyber solutions such as Multi-Factor Authentication can help to safeguard your data and help to ensure that only those who need access to your data are able to.
- Unsecured cloud storage: With the growing popularity of cloud servers, we are seeing more cloud security breaches. Implementing network security can help to safeguard your cloud systems and avoid these types of cyber breaches.
- Inadequate Third-party app security: Unfortunately, most applications are not designed with your company’s best interest in mind, especially when it comes to safety. Many third-party apps are not created with adequate security measures, but with the right cybersecurity solutions, it can protect your users from dangerous applications and add an additional layer of security that many apps lack.
- Subpar IT processes: Most businesses today are probably doing something about cybersecurity, but not enough. There are many small and medium-sized businesses that cannot afford the best security defenses, tools, or processes that are available in the industry. Implementing proactive cyber security is necessary, but it is not inexpensive. Companies are investing heavily into proactive cyber solutions every year just to keep up with cybercriminals and how innovative they are. The main takeaway is that without the right cyber solutions, your IT infrastructure is at major risk and cybercriminals will find loopholes to attack your business. With the right resources, you will feel more confident about being adequately protected since it covers all your security blind spots.
Types of Cyber Solutions
Here are 3 of the most common cybersecurity solutions that SMBs are investing in:
- In-house IT: Large and small organizations frequently opt for their own in-house security department that handles all their cybersecurity. This approach can offer you some level of control with your own employees that know exactly what your business needs are. However, they may not have access to resources that MSPs have, and your protection would most likely be very limited or possibly inadequate for the advanced cyber landscape that exists today.
- Outsourced IT: An outsource or an IT service provider can be a comprehensive solution for businesses who value their technology and want to spend less time worrying about cybersecurity. This gives them access to more resources, tools, processes, and people to effectively protect their business against cyber threats. Many IT MSPs have the necessary years of experience under their belt and specialize in servicing many different industries. Odds are, they will have what your business needs to stay safe, however not all MSPs are created equal. As a business owner, you must do your due diligence to ensure that you choose a provider that can do what they promise to. Talk to their clients, research their reviews or testimonials and find out as much as you can about the results they can realistically provide.
- IT security as a solution: Cybersecurity as a solution allows businesses to pay for cyber protection on a subscription basis, for a favorable price. This type of service manages only cybersecurity without having to implement a full IT service plan. It can be charged based on usage, the number of users you have, or by each cyber tool you implement. It is important for you to find out exactly what it includes before you sign a contract with an IT MSP.
All companies need cybersecurity solutions to protect themselves from cyber threats such as malware, ransomware, phishing, and other dangerous cyber-attacks. There are other areas of concern for businesses to get familiar with such as human error, insider threats, unsecured clouds, unsafe apps, and inadequate IT. However, there are cyber solutions that are available that can protect your business such as in-house IT, Outsourced IT, and IT security as a solution. You should take the necessary time to decide which solution is the right one for your business, and if you have any questions about your company’s cyber defenses, talk to us here and we’d be happy to help.
PACE Technical has over 20 years of experience helping clients across the GTA in all industries from cyber threats. We’re confident that we can help protect your business too. Contact PACE Technical for a FREE Cybersecurity Audit Today!