Let the farmers tend to their crops. We’re looking for a hunter!
If you have a hunger to succeed, with ambition and persistence embedded in your DNA, you might be our new Outside Sales Representative.
We’re PACE Technical, a group of innovative professionals dedicated to delivering client-centric IT solutions to small and mid-sized businesses in the GTA. We’re an industry leader and one of Canada’s best places to work!
If you’re ready to make a big impact somewhere your sales expertise is valued deeply and rewarded well (with a competitive base salary and uncapped commission!) then look no further.
Outside Sales Representative
As our new Outside Sales Rep, you will focus on increasing our existing customer base by prospecting new clients, qualifying them, and signing them to our managed services program.
You’ll have the support of inside sales for generating warm leads and setting up appointments, but a big part of your job will be to hunt for prospects. Taking a proactive approach through research and networking, you’ll build connections with businesses to show them how we can solve their IT issues.
Your biggest asset in this role is your dedication to success. You’re competitive by nature, so the status quo is not enough for you. You’re always seeking to be better and do more.
Your sales experience, along with our excellent sales training program, will be the foundation of your success here. Beyond that, you’ll excel in this role because you:
- Are self-motivated – you pursue and complete tasks without needing external influence. You’re able to work independently to get things done.
- Persistent – you have a laser-focus on results and will do anything to achieve your goals.
- Have a sense of urgency – you understand that timing is everything in sales, and that’s why you never miss an opportunity.
- Have strong written communication skills – you’re skilled at business writing, and have experience preparing client proposals and letters.
Working at PACE Technical
For three straight years, PACE Technical has been officially recognized as one of the top 25 Great Places to Work in Canada. We maintain a highly collaborative culture where doors are always open, ideas are constantly shared, and learning opportunities are abundant. We’ve cultivated a continuous learning environment by offering course, tuition and certification reimbursement programs for our team.
You will be joining a small, close-knit team in a fun, productive work environment. We’re a real family – we love to have team outings, lunch-and-learns, and enjoy any opportunity to connect with one another. Come join the family at PACE Technical.
This is a full-time, permanent position, offering a base between $40,000-60,000 per year (depending on your experience), with OTE salary of $80,000-$100,000+ per year (uncapped commission). You’ll receive a cell phone and car allowance.
We offer a comprehensive group benefits package, a wellness fund, and other programs to promote the well-being of our staff.
You’ll work Monday to Friday, during standard business hours. You will travel locally, within the GTA, to meet with clients. Occasionally, you’ll be required to attend after hours industry or networking events.
The best person for this role is a junior to intermediate salesperson, with experience selling B2B services. And although a background in IT is preferred, we’re willing to train the right person on the technical details.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in outside sales, in a “hunter” role, selling B2B services
- Track record of prospecting, qualifying, and managing customer commitment as part of the sales process
- Experience developing successful client relationships leading to the closing of sales
- Experience preparing written professional communications for clients (proposals, letters, emails)
- Experience using CRM (HubSpot experience an asset)
- Degree or diploma from a college/university in any field
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for customer visits
- Experience in the IT industry is preferred (and/or working knowledge of IT and networking services) but not required
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.